Press Release | KAULIG RACING, KYLE BUSCH
LEXINGTON, N.C. (February 10, 2023) — Kaulig Racing announced today that Kyle Busch will return to the NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) to compete in select events for the team during the 2023 season.
Busch, the all-time-record holder for wins in the NXS who previously announced his retirement from the series in 2021, will compete in five events for Kaulig Racing, beginning at his home track of Las Vegas Motor Speedway in the No. 10 Chevrolet.
“I’m looking forward to having some fun in the Xfinity Series again,” said Busch. “What Matt Kaulig and Chris Rice have built in just a few short years at Kaulig Racing is impressive, and with the team’s alliance with Richard Childress Racing (RCR), this made for an easy decision to be back competing in a series that I’ve had success in over the years.”
Busch earned his 102nd win in his final race in 2021 at Atlanta Motor Speedway, ending his NXS career on a high note. Busch also collected 70 pole awards and led 20,088 laps during his time in the series.
“Kyle Busch is a true competitor and will forever be known as one of the best – and winningest – NASCAR drivers of all time,” said Chris Rice, president of Kaulig Racing. “We’re excited to have a former Cup and Xfinity Series champion bring his experience and knowledge to our team. There is no doubt in our minds that Kyle will help our Xfinity Program grow and contend for wins this year.”
Following his return to the NXS at his home track, Busch will compete in Kaulig Racing’s No. 10 Chevrolet at Phoenix Raceway, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Watkins Glen International, and Darlington Raceway. Partner announcements will come at a later date.