top of page

Production Alliance Group 300 Postponed Until Tomorrow

FONTANA, Calif. - It’s going to be a historic double-header for NASCAR on Sunday in Fontana due to inclement weather.

The Production Alliance Group 300 will now be postponed until Sunday 5pm PST following the NASCAR Cup Series PALA Casino 400.

A ticket to Sunday’s Pala Casino 400 is good for both races. Production Alliance Group 300 ticket holders will be admitted following the conclusion of the NASCAR Cup Series race.

Saturday began with rain and unusual blizzard conditions in Southern California. As the clouds cleared in the area around noon, there was hope that the Xfinity Series would be able to go green.

Credit: Luis Torres

Despite efforts to dry the track, more rain would not allow for green flag conditions.

“The silver lining is that it creates a power-packed Sunday doubleheader for our fans,” said Auto Club Speedway President Dave Allen. “The final day of racing on our 2-mile oval will be one for the ages, and we can’t wait to welcome all of our fans for this special day.”

With clearer expectations for Sunday, concern grows for the weepers. No, not fans crying for the final race on the 2-mile D-shaped oval but the amount of spots on the track where water is seeping through the cracks of the aged concrete once it is considered dry.

Weepers are to be expected since the track has not been repaved since the track first opened its gates in 1997. What will create a challenge is the amount of water is considered okay to race on.

Because this is the final race at Auto Club Speedway, fans can remain confident that track officials can and likely will make adjustments for an exciting day of racing.


bottom of page